cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Faults System

In another thread I pointed out that I had migrated to BT 900Mbps FTTP at the end of last week ago and the line seemed to be going well albeit with a few minor queries.

However, this morning the connection had deteriorated and it would not resolve web pages so I changed to Google DNS which seemed a little better but was still not good.

I prefer to use my Asus R AX88u which is a great router but for testing purposes I suspected that BT would want access to the SH2 so I pulled out the SH2 out of its box again and it was the same with the SH2 with regard to browsing and it was worse with regard to speeds.

A few reboots later and the browsing was working with the SH2 albeit slowly around 390 Mbps DOWN and 50 Mbps UP so I contact BT faults and what a rigmarole that is. - I eventually managed to contacted BT Fault support and a helpful lady could see what I was getting and she did a profile reset.

Contacting BT faults is a total joke in that they they put you onto a text messages system and I was unable to reply to the text they send because they use a PREMIUM RATE text number for your replies and I have blocked premium rate services on my mobile as most sensible people do.

The DOWN speed was 350 Mbps and the UP seems to be capped at 50Mbps.

The lady reset the profile and it did improve and the connection is presently 700 Mbps DOWN and 50Mbps UP.

The lady asked me to give it to the end of this week when she will ring me back, (I have no idea why it needs a few days on the SH2 as there is no training period but I will go through the system even though it is a pain).

This need to use the SH2 for fault finding is another real pain especially if it is supposed to.be left for days. - Is this really necessary?

Why does it need days to see how it goes ?

Also, why is there not a way to speak directly to faults as one of the telephone menu options when you phone BT?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Faults System

With FTTP the accepted theory is that there is no adjustment period for FTTP, there is no equivalent to the DLM and behind the scenes there is no one periodically making manual adjustments.

However, (in an area with no reported faults other than ours), a few days later my speed with the SH2 now seems to be OK, (a bit lower than it would be with my RT AX88u), but reasonable.

I am surprised by the SH2, I do like the Wifi Range on the SH2, I do not like the lack of a controllable guest network, I still cannot get rid of the Hotspots,

0 Ratings