Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: Fiber to premises available in my area but not at my address

CBTs don't go in cabinets.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

What does a CBT look like? Where does it go?

I've tried searching on google images there isn't much clear info. I want to go and have a look to see where it is and check if maybe there is one closer to me that is lost on their system. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

After googling it seems like CBTs can go in cabinets. I'm probably using the wrong terminology, by cabinet I meant manhole, there is a man hole next my house not cabinet. 

From this site:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/12/identifying-bt-and-virgin-medias-uk-broadband-street-f...

The top right in this image:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/2019-article-illustrations/openreach_fibre_splitters_...

Also this image:

https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/image/C5622AQG9c_ABgHA-Fg/feedshare-shrink_800/0?e=1595462400&v=bet...

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Or it can be at the top of a pole in areas with overhead lines rather than underground.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Is your current service delivered overhead or an underground feed, CBT’s can be pole mounted ( overhead areas ) or in a joint box ( underground areas )
Although you are close to existing fibres, apparently not close enough to benefit, so extra network needs to be constructed, presumably your home was not included in the scheme that provided the nearby fibre CBT’s presumably due to cost.
A CFP ( community funded project) may be affordable , depending on how many could benefit , and how many covered are prepared to contribute , otherwise it would be a case of waiting for the next Government subsidy and hope it covered your area, or wait until the area is covered by a USO order
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

I've made a rough drawing on google maps of the arrangement, they buried a new fiber optic cable going from Dunvegan to Glendale.

Almost all houses are next the road. Only houses which are in the orange circle can't order, everyone else can. 

All houses have a 'joint box' over where the cable passes, including the houses they say can't order. There is a joint box 20 meters from my house over the fiber optic cable, but openreach are saying that it doesn't have a CBT fitted in it yet so I can't order. 

I don't understand why they didn't put a CBT in it so we could order. Initially it seemed like they were saying that we needed a new cable laid when there is one already there with joint boxes available to access it. Seems very confusing. 

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

I don't think posting all the information is going to persuade openreach to fund a fibre connection to you home bearing in mind this is a BT RETAIL customer help customer forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 18 of 23

Openreach is part of BT, I didn't know the difference. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

It does seem stupid though and I understand your confusion and exasperation.
I just hope you get connected soon.
Cheers
Ted
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Openearch is part of BT GROUP but is entirely different company to BT RETAIL so posting here is not going to effect openreach.  I suppose you could post on EE forum as they are also part of BT GROUP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings