cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Fibre Broadband, I can hear and see everyone, but they cannot hear or see me, for periods of 10-20 s

I use Skype and Teams, from home and office.  At home im hard wired into the back of the router on occasions i use wifi.

Regardless if i use my iphone or laptop, skype or teams, for periods working from home, those on conferences with me tell me i have frozen, no image or sound, yet i can hear them and clearly see them.  i have no disruption to my service.

this only occurs when i work from home and from any conference call on any device on any connection type.

so, this the only common denominator is my service?  anyone got any ideas.  i have also worked off5g and this never happends, so only when im at home on my fibre broadband.

it can be several times an hour or not at all on a working from home day.

its infuriating, as the BT test often is unable to run and gives me a message to try again in 15 mins, when it does run, it says all is well with the line and my speeds are ok.

looking for advice?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Fibre Broadband, I can hear and see everyone, but they cannot hear or see me, for periods of 10-

Your download speed is subject to a minimum speed guarantee ( you receiving ) , however your upload , what you are ‘sending’ doesn’t have a guarantee minimum and as ADSL/VDSL it’s asymmetrical,( faster download than upload) you may well have a good enough download ‘bandwidth’ for your applications to work in one direction , but the upload bandwidth isn’t up to the demands you are placing on it .

Post your router advanced stats , and what speeds are predicted for your location from the wholesale checker
https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL
If you have DV , the chances are the phone number wont work with the checker , so use the address option

0 Ratings