cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fibre Broadband install

Had an engineer out last Friday to upgrade my connection to full fibre, he left without getting anything to work & I have now been told that no light is getting through on the cable & openreach have had to apply for permission to dig up the road to trace the fault. This sounds like a situation that will be going on for months so, my question is, is it possible to go back to my original connection while this mess is sorted out?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre Broadband install

@Dave19aber 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

What sort of connection did you have before?

When this  issue has been posted on this forum before, its not been possible to restore the original broadband connection.

Have BT offered to send out a 4G mini hub to maintain service while the fault is looked at, as its likely to take quite a long time to fix?

Message 3 of 5

Copper wire to house from local box, have been sent a 4g box but due to where we are, the signal on it isn’t great

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

That is not going to be possible to restore, which is why they have sent you the 4G hub.

In many cases, especially where there is a shortage of ports in the cabinet, any ceased connection would have been given to another customer.

Message 5 of 5

No problem, sounds like this is going to be ongoing for a while then. Any ideas on an average timeframe to get permission to dig up a road? Not going to hold you to anything, I just want get an idea for when I talk to customer services next

0 Ratings