cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Installation of ultra fibre broadband

I live in a block of flats in alltwen pontardawe swansea.i have recently found out that the houses around got access 2 high speed broadband but not the flats.

I have contacted tai tarian[landlords] to find out if they know why.i have been told that its the 1st they have herd of this news.they have informed me that if its a permission problem to install then will be granted.

The block of flats contains 14 properties and this wud affect all tenants equally.i need help and information of an engineer or openreach themselves as to why we don't have it installed.

I would like 2 find why and sumhow find the solution to get it resolved.it seems madness that as tenants we are in this position and no way getting beta broadband speeds as it stands.

I would be very grateful if someone from openreach can get in contact personally please.i am prepared to contact my landlord to help get permission if required to get fibre installed to the flats.

Many thanks 

Michael

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Installation of ultra fibre broadband

MDU aren’t part of normal Fibre City or Rural Build.

Openreaches MDU Enablement Team will make contact with the MA when they’re looking to build in your area.

They can’t just build in MDU’s as they see fit as they need to get the necessary Wayleaves, Asbestos Reports, etc. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I am trying 2 find out why fibre has bn installed in the area but not the flats.its not as if they got 2 start a new project where i live.i just want 2 know why we have bn left out of the installation process. 

If there is a delay how long it will b or if theres an issue with permission from tai tarian.its not much 2 ask as a tenant why this is the case and why we are stuck in limbo.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

This has nothing to do with BT, Openreach provide the infrastructure, not BT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Cool and understand that point about bt.all i am trying 2do is find a way of getin thro 2 openreach 2 get an answer ftom them.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I literally just explained it in my previous reply.

MDU Build is not included within Fibre Cities or Rural Build Projects.

It is a completely separate Division of Openreach who can’t just build in whatever MDU they feel like when they want.

As and when the MDU Enablement Team look to build in that area they will make contact with the MA’s to ask if they want FTTP Installing within their Properties. Once they agree the relevant Wayleaves, Asbestos Reports, Surveys, etc are done before any Build can even be considered. Ultimately it all comes down the Cost. 

0 Ratings