cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Fibre, Ethernet

Can anyone help me, who do I contact I want to move my ONT box which was installed by BT from one room to another, and how do I get a installed a Ethernet port from the router that’s on the middle floor of my house to the ground floor, thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fibre, Ethernet

It was openreach who installed the ONT not BT RETAIL

Are you currently a BT broadband customer or with another ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

The Ethernet cable is your responsibility, you need to get a local tradesmen to do it if you don't feel capable of doing it yourself

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

The easiest way to route and hide an ethernet cable is to get use a flat cable that you can almost invisibly tack to skirting boards.

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

If you can't install an ethernet cable without major disruption or unsightly results it might be worth looking at Powerline adapters. Not sure if anyone has tried them between the ONT and router, but since the connection is Ethernet should be worth trying at least (just make sure you can return them if required.

Message 6 of 9

Powerline adapters between the ONT/PON and the router will work, but you'll need to test them on the LAN first to make sure you have the throughput.  Once they are on the WAN side it's difficult to see the connection stats (sync speed and throughput can be vastly different).

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 7 of 9

I’m with BT I had bt broadband and phone installed over a year ago, I’m not sure if it was a bt or OpenReach person who installed the ONT box

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I need to move the ONT box and bt router from one bedroom to another, so I should contact a local tradesman or OpenReach 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

0 Ratings