cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: OpenReach Fibre Modem

A patch panel will look something like this, with single sockets in the rooms.

rbz5416_0-1670938758590.png

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

No I don’t have that unfortunately. 

Would just need the Openreach box moved to my office if possible. 

if this can’t be done, would need to cancel my package. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

As this is just a customer to customer forum, nobody here will be able to give you an answer. You do have 14 days after your service is activated, to cancel. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

Can you trace the fibre cable to where it enters the property via a CSP on the outside wall? If so it should be possible to resplice the cable & run it around the outside to the office.

But if the cable is buried with other services you may be out of luck.

New build ONTs are often done by the developer, so it may be worth contacting them to see if they can put you in touch with whoever did the work for them. Also to check how feasible it may be to run an ethernet cable invisibly through the property.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 29

There is a little grey box next to a virgin box outside the property next to the front door. I’m guessing this is where it comes into the property underground then comes out in that cupboard. 

Running cable around the house is a no go unfortunately. My girlfriend doesn’t want 40-50m of cable from one corner of the house to the other. 

I just wish I could find out a definite answer if it can be moved and the cost of moving it. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

As you have said it is a new build house, have you spoken to the developer to see if they can arrange to move Openreach modem for you due to the fact that placing a router in an understairs cupboard is one of the most stupid places to site one.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

Hi @LHunter97 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. It is possible to order an ONT move after the service is activated. It currently costs £98.48 (subject to change) a maximum of 10m of internal cabling can be used but it's likely that the majority of the cabling will be run outside of your home.

Thanks

Neil

Message 18 of 29

Yeah I tried contacting them but said it was down to Open reach and unfortunately can’t get through to them.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

Hi Neil,

does this 10m apply to outside as well? Because I’d imagine it would be between 20-30m to re-wire round the outside of the house to the upstairs office.

cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

Hi @LHunter97 That's from the splice point so it sounds like it could be too far.

• New internal location to be within 1 metre of 2 mains power sockets
  • Can include loft conversions subject to a move of up to 2 floors up or down from initial location
  • A maximum of 10 metres of internal cabling (can be a combination of CBT cable and internal cabling) from Demarcation Box or Customer Splice Point (CSP)

Neil

0 Ratings