cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Fibre Rollout & UK Power Networks Pole

Hi all,

Recently, a competitor provider has been unable to provision me an FTTP connection after implementing their own infrastructure.

The situation: My current Openreach VDSL connection is connected through underground ducting for the most part, after which is then travels up a pole outside my house and then across to my property. The pole is owned by UK power networks.

The competitor provider requested to route their own cable up this pole, which UK power networks declined stating it was already "at capacity".

I've noticed Openreach engineers in my village laying fibre down, however I'm trying to work out if they will encounter the same problem eventually, or whether they would remove the existing copper cable and replace it with fibre.

The competitor provider has stated to rectify this they will need to excavate outside my property and I will need to fund this entirely myself. Obviously, if I can wait until Openreach install their own, I'd rather wait for that.

Would appreciate to hear if anyone's been in a similar situation, or if I can get in contact with the BT/Openreach team to discuss.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Fibre Rollout & UK Power Networks Pole

Openreach, if and when they build there will most likely drop the CBT in the nearest Joint Box and when people order FTTP they will dig and lay duct to that property from said Joint Box.

Or they might put up Telephone Poles.

Depends really on how they decide to plan it, which usually comes down to cost.

0 Ratings