cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Messy and badly finished full fibre installation

I'm a new customer to BT from seeing the great finished product in my Dad's house and also friends installations that looked pretty good. The workmanship I received almost 2 weeks ago was shambolic!

This really doesn't look right. A sub-contractor engineer was sent by Openreach was more concerned about finishing my job as fast as possible to get to his next job and clearly wasn't concerned with the quality of the work he was meant to do. Very shoddy rushed work, split my skirting board, crooked stapling instead of a cleaner less visible masking, loose wires, messy holes in the UPVC of my door! The flipping wires are almost smashed by the opening of the front door! Surely this could have been neater?! 

I needed internet and he said it was the best he could do and left. This really falls short of the expectations that prompted me to move over to BT. To add to this, the engineer was constantly Facetiming friends and family showing them the inside of my home which was really not appropriate🙁 

Attached are a few photos of the mess left, has anyone had this issue? Did you manage to get BT or Openreach to fix it? None of my family or friends had any issues with their installation process and all their jobs were clean and not even noticeable. I've logged a complaint but I'm just being handed around like a hot potato no closer to know who will fix this.  I feel scammed... HELP!

IMG_3363 (002).jpegIMG_3368 (002).jpegIMG_3370 (002).jpeg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Messy and badly finished full fibre installation

I have asked forum mods to help as that install look appalling.  mods will post here

That looks like FTTC install not FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Hi @notahappybunny

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to see that the work the engineer carried out wasn't what you were expecting.  To raise a complaint for poor quality of workmanship, you can do this through here >> Complaints policy - Openreach <<  (There is an icon on the bottom right of the page where you can start a chat to raise a complaint and arrange for this to be sorted)

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thank you i've done all this, hours on hold, just being told BT are chasing Openreach. Query going in circles no idea who is liable and estimated time frame to get someone to fix it or even if someone will. Was on the phone again for a hour had to demand a email confirmation of the query as BT couldn't even send that. just don't know what to do...
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for posting back @notahappybunny

I am truly sorry for this problem.  The link I posted above will bring you to Openreach's website where you can initiate a chat using the symbol of the bottom right hand corner of the page.  That is the process for raising a poor workmanship case.  Please try this and let me know how you get on.

If you're still having problems after following this, post back and we'll give you a hand from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

That’s Top Notch. 👍

0 Ratings