cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Fibre cable connector broken by builders - BT think they can fix remotely.

Hi, 

I’ve insisted with the greatest respect and been assured twice that an engineer would visit - I was told they were just late. They never turned up. 

BT phoned open reach - apparently they said it can be fixed remotely, today a nice guy phoned them from BT and I was told that my fault was in the technical department so I needed to wait until tuesday at which BT can make an appointment. 

I have always said and maintain it is only right I pay. I can’t pass the bill on as I don’t know which tradesman broke it. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Can you take a picture of the damage, so BT can log it against the fault to show openreach (not sure if thats possible) at least if they see it they will know it cant be solved remotely.

As you say you are holding up your hands and saying its your responsibility and you will pay for it - but I think the issue is that there is no method  for you to do so

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

As BT and openreach are on strike on Monday there is nothing going to happen until Tuesday. If on Tuesday  you don't get FTTP TEAM to get openreach to arrange to come and fix problem then post back and can see if mods can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

As the cable is Openreach property it can't do any harm to see if they'll accept a report directly.

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/damage-health-and-safety

Message 15 of 17

@rbz5416 

sorry but I must be missing something as I cannot see the damage posted  can be classified as a health and safety problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

@imjolly 

The page is titled "Reporting Damage or Safety Problems". It doesn't say you can only report damage if it is safety concern as well. Now OR may well tell the OP to go away & talk to BT. but as BT are apparently failing to address the issue correctly then he has little to lose.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

From personal experience working for another utility sector I have used that page, and more often the telephone number to report latent as found damage or those caused by excavation works.

It seems wise to report the 3rd party damage caused by your builders to OR directly it may even be quicker than going via BT Retail.

0 Ratings