cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Fibre install, will I need digging? What's involved

Hi

I'm staying on Fibre 1 and the new order gives me an appt for an engineer.  Is that because of the  free boost offered? I don't otherwise know what's changed in my order to require a engineer.   

I'm the middle of 3 houses and  there's a small front garden between front door and public path (with city fibre box in).  

This is the info online:  

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG premises served by 2.5 Inch plastic duct 56.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

Can anyone explain what this means, will there be digging (its rented) and what I should expect at the appt?  Thanks 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fibre install, will I need digging? What's involved

that suggests that your existing phone line is supplied underground and not from pole.  there is ducting for existing cable and that will be used to supply the fibre cable into your home - provided duct in not blocked

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fibre install, will I need digging? What's involved