cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Fibre out for over a week no end in sight.

Go to solution
  • I live down a small country lane where the 4 house at the end including mine have no internet. Despite numerous phonecalls, and web chats we appear to be getting nowhere fast. Ive been told it would be sorted by 26th, then end of day 27th. Website currently says 30th by 8am yet we have had no visits from a bt engineer.
  •  
  • I have explained that the black hub on one of the telegraph poles nearby (I believe is a fibre hub/box) has lots of wires sticking out as if they've been torn out but this doesnt seem to be taken seriously. I accept I'm not an engineer so this may not be the problem. 
  • My problem is the mobile signal is awful here and I have no landline. I rely on wifi calling. I have two young children and should someone need to call me in an emergency they will likely get my answerphone.

Im struggling with the lack of communication and clear realistic date for a resolution to this problem. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Fibre out for over a week no end in sight.

Go to solution

are all 4 homes with BT or are some with other ISPs and if so have they also reported te fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Hi my neighbour is with sky, not sure about thd other two homes but we've all reported the problem. Its definitely this end of the lane as the houses further up the lane past the black box mentioned still have fibre internet.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

so problem is with openreach.  would help if all 4 homes report fault - what if anything have SKY said about delay?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Sky have said its with openreach and there's not a lot they can do other than keep raising the fault and offer compensation.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

just basically the same as BT.

I have asked mods to see if they can help even if only to find out the delay.  mods are really busy so may be next week before they can help you

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Kernowklt

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the service downtime and confusion around when an engineer will be out to repair the fault. From what you've said, it does sound like the CBT (Fibre box you mentioned) is the culprit.  We can pick up from here however we are extremely busy at present and it'll take us a few days to get round to picking up your case.

Do you want to try calling the helpdesk again in the meantime to see if you can get this progressed sooner?  The number is 0330 1234 150.  I'll message you privately soon so you can come through to us too.  See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you both so much. It's much appreciated. Will try ringing again and hope things get sorted soon.

All the best and thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Kernowklt

Thank you for sending over your details and for taking the time to chat with me this afternoon.

I am sorry for the service downtime you guys had experienced recently.  I am really pleased to hear that service has been restored.  I'll close this off from here as agreed but if you need help in future feel free to come back on as you're more than welcome 🙂

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings