cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Fibre to a flat

Go to solution

Hello,

Viewed a flat today I like the look of, but unable/unsure how to find out if fibre can run through to it. Current owner only uses broadband, but upon viewing the place I noticed there was an Openreach socket that wasn't in use, so there is some sort of foundation already there it seems.

Building was built in 2014, and the immediate surrounding houses that are part of the same development build all have fibre access according to the Openreach checker, but the flat I am interested in as well as the flat next door does not, with no current plans to either. 

Any advice on how I can find out whether or not fibre can be installed, or does the Openreach checker saying no plans to sort of limit me? Any help much appreciated, thanks.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Fibre to a flat

Go to solution

Go to https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL and choose Address Checker. Enter the Postcode and select the property address. It will give you a list of broadband services available to the property through the Openreach infrastructure. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks, so here it is saying it does have fibre available? Which in a way just confuses me more as the fibre checker doesn't match up, and unsure if takes into account it is a flat?

fibre.PNG

Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Yes the results states WBC FTTP is available and a New ONT can be ordered.

It also knows it's a block of apartments as it states MDU (Multi Dwelling Units) in the record notes

Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Ah alright that seems promising then, any ideas on the next step about actually getting it ordered if websites aren't saying it is available? Would it be a case of sending off a form to Openreach for them to investigate? Thanks for help so far.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Have you tried using https://www.bt.com/products/broadband/deals?

And select your address? If the BT Wholesale checker shows it as available then BT Consumer's website should too

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Give the FTTP team a call 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Alright I'm definitely not going crazy, but I checked that link earlier today with the address and it said broadband only, but now on both that website and the Openreach checker it says Fibre is available!? I did send a form off yesterday to Openreach to query this as well, so unsure if they have realised already or maybe checking that previous link triggered something in their database? Very peculiar, almost don't believe it! 

Thanks for the help, seems to have sorted itself out magically as far as I can see. 🙂

Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Databases are updated on Fridays

Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Fridays are Fish and Chips and FTTP database upgrades!

0 Ratings