cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fttp installation KCI2

I have engineers coming around today to install my fttp, I was on the internet and saw this https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome and put my address in, it says my installation process is  KCI2 assure and it also says "Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed alternate L2C solution required" can someone dumify it down and sort of just explain if I need to do anything and if they have already completed the first stage of the process or if their visit today is the first stage and it will take longer for them to arrange another visit to complete the second.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fttp installation KCI2

L2C ( lead to cash , the strange meaning of that abbreviation ) simply means an obstacle may exist that may need the ‘service delivery’ people ( the installation group ) to review and possibly mitigate,

an example, if the existing copper dropwire of an overhead installation were attached to the wall above the flat roof of an attached garage , in the past standing on that flat roof to fit the attachment and any subsequent access to it was standard practice but no longer is , so before the contractual second visit the problem should be reviewed, it could be that service delivery people deem the survey was overly critical and no extra measures are needed , or they may come up with a solution to get around the flat roof issue , scaffolding for example, or they simply decide to provide a new  attachment abandoning the existing one as it’s no longer accessible….another L2C possibility, in areas served from the rear ( often terrace housing , where high brick built walls exist separating the ‘alleyway’ at the rear from the  property rear garden/ yard , it’s impossible to see ( without going into the back yard ) if there is an obstruction where a ladder would need to be placed , as a precaution L2C is used , it doesn’t mean there is an issue , just that the survey couldn’t guarantee that there wasn’t an issue , and a proper check is needed once an order received.

The chances are that if you are L2C and your contractual date hasn’t been changed that either there wasn’t really an issue , or the installation team will bring with them the mitigation to get around whatever the issue is .

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I'm guessing my driveway is the issue, its made of little rocks that move and slide etc, its also on a slant so its hard to get a ladder up to where the overhead copper currently comes in, I'm just hoping that it is possible for them to do it today and not take 2 weeks to plan something.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If the ‘system’ has worked then it’s already been looked at , so the installer shouldn’t get there and say ‘ I can’t do it today , because *****’ , as the issue was known about in advance, in your case although I can’t say for certain, chances are it’s already been checked and given the OK.
0 Ratings