cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Internet connection breaking

For the last week or so I've noticed breaks in my Internet connection which have become more frequent. To begin with I tried restarting my computer which has worked, but not always. I've checked the hub (Smart Hub 2) and the light is constant blue. I've tried resetting it, which has solved the problem but only temporarily. After checking online help, today I restored my hub to factory settings. This seemed to do the trick, I thought, until now when the connection has dropped again. My laptop states that I am connected and secured, but still no access and the hub still shows a blue light.

I'd appreciate any help in this matter. Thank you.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Internet connection breaking

What product do you have?

If you have Full Fibre you could also try power cycling the ONT on the wall, IE switch it off for a few minutes then power it back on, do this with the hub powered down. Depending on the ONT you have once you have solid Power and PON light then switch the hub back on and wait for it to go blue. I generally dont think this fixes much but I saw a guy on here the other day and it solved his various intermittent issues so worth a shot.

If you have a copper based product you wont have the ONT so thats irrelevant to do that.

Do you have other devices along with your laptop the exhibit the same issue?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

How are you connecting Wired or wireless? If wireless it would suggest local interference with the signal from the hub to the device.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Thank you for your reply.

I'm wireless, but have been with no issues for some time. There have been no changes in our house to cause a problem, but I can't speak for the area around us. You may have a point, I'll see how it goes...at the moment the Mods are taking a look.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Thank you for your suggestion. The Mods are currently checking things for me, but failing a solution from them I'll give yours a try.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Hi @janetelfer and thanks for posting.

Before the mods step in can you please try the advice posted by @pippincp and @naylor2006 as these are steps we would be asking you to follow anyway.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Hello David, thank you for your message. I've just followed @naylor2006 's suggestion as you requested. However as the internet dropping seems to be intermittent - it had dropped just before I read (on my mobile) your message - I'll just have to wait and see.

@pippincp  suggested interference, which doesn't seem likely from within my house, but I can't really confirm outside interference.

I'll report back on progress. Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

How are you getting along?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Hello David, just to let you know that after trying the switch off, after a few days of seeming success the connection has broken again.

I'll have to wait for the moderators...I read somewhere that a new router solved one contributor's problem with the internet dropping off, maybe that could be the answer to mine as well. Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Hello @naylor2006 , as requested by @DavidM tried your suggestion, and for a few days things were good...until this p.m. when the connection dropped again. I didn't do anything about it because we had a visitor arrive, but it's still unconnected now. I'm switching off and I'll check tomorrow. (Currently using my mobile in roaming)

Thank you for your interest, much appreciated.

Cheers

0 Ratings