cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Fttp partial install - wonky CSP box

Hi,

Had someone around yesterday to install FTTP. They weren't able to do the install completely as they said they couldn't get to all if the relevant manhole covers due to the snow.

The installed the internal part so the external CSP box and the internal modem. I am happy with the work done internally as it looks neat, and is behind a desk anyway.

Externally the CSP box has been fitted at an angle and much closer to the front door than it needs to be. I basically keep the wheelie bin there and an worried about the fibre cable getting caught regularly by the bin and the wonky box is just irritating.

So I am waiting for a date for the main fibre cable to be fitted, was told 24-48hrs

Can I move the external box while I am waiting for them.

Also the hole drilled externally to reach the ONT internally has not been sealed with anything. I would have expected some silicone at the least...

Any advice, info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Fttp partial install - wonky CSP box

Just speak with the openreach fitters when they come to finish off your installation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.