cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Full Fibre 900 being fitted tomorrow

Go to solution

What speeds does Fast.com give you? What device are you using wired? Is full duplex enabled on your device? Have you turned off wireless on the device you are using?

Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

@Checked2013 I don't have FTTP

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

@Checked2013  It wasn't a fact we failed to realise the WiFi was under par. The OP knew it was and accepted it due to the building.

How anyone could think changing to FTTP can alter the construction and wireless properties of a building is beyond me.

Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

Firstly I changed to fttp due to I could relocate the router to the middle of the house which is ideal for WIFI , where as the old BT faceplate was at the end of the house in the study so WIFI was not great even with 4 discs. Secondly I got a good deal and it worked out cheaper than the Fibre 250 which I was on.  Ok the speed on Fast.com is 190 down and 110 up on WIFI and 300 down and 82 up on wired. The pc I am using is a Sff Lenovo M series. As for the full duplex enabled on your device question I honestly have not got a clue, just looking at the net to see how I check it. Finally wireless is turned off when I am checking the speed with the ethernet lead fitted.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

I wonder if there is an ethernet cable problem here. It seems strange that wireless is faster than wired.

Misread the post.

Try a reboot of the ONT then do  a speedtest again. There could still be a problem with the ethernet lead due to the differece in upload.

Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

Did a reboot of the ONT and now the speed is down 650Mbps up 95Mbps so it definitely heading in the right direction. The ethernet lead I have is just barely reaching from my pc to the rear of the smart hub so its not perfect. Thanks for your help it is much appreciated. Regards Colin 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Good to hear it's going the right way. Don't forget you can get CAT5e cables (any length)  at handy price off Ebay but I would be looking at CAT6.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

OK i have now got a cat7 ethernet lead fitted from my pc to the router. The speeds I am getting are :-

Fast.com  620 / 91

BT wholesale  414 /139

Broadband speedchecker  412 / 75

A lot of variation in them speeds as expected. Its been approx 51 hours since my full fibre was activated. The pc I am using is a Lenovo SFF. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz , 16GB Ram, 500gb Ssd. Ok its not the quickest pc but its certainly not the slowest. I would have thought my speeds would have been better than they are at the moment.

On WIFI they are :-  

Fast.com  230 / 97

BT Wholesale 278 / 118

Broadband speedchecker  229 / 72

Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings