cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Full fibre 900 - Speeds

Hi,

I received full fibre 2 days ago with an engineer running a line from a nearby pole into my living room.

I am wondering what speeds I should expect. On the day of installation I was hitting between 250Mbps and 300Mbps but all day yesterday I was only reaching between 50Mbps and 60Mbps.

The upload has varied from 100Mbps down to 1Mbps

I understand there can be a bit of fluctuation when first installed but wondering when it should level out and what speeds I should receive once it has settled.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Full fibre 900 - Speeds

You should recieve full download speeds from install, upload can take up to 72 hrs.

Are you testing wired or wireless?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@Silverhoop  Also check your MyBT to ensure you have been set-up as a lucky "900"!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I'm testing through wireless - Hub sits next to my TV

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Not sure what Lucky is, but I'm currently on 

Full Fibre 900 with BT Halo 3+

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Run a test over Ethernet 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Our small remote hamlet had FTTP installed in March 2022 and I like a number of neighbours went for the 500Mbps package which came with a Smart Hub 2. We all found that on Wi-Fi, even when testing close to the Hub, the speed was c250Mbps; a Ethernet connection to a PC from the Hub produced the full 500Mbps. I then purchased a four pack BT Whole Home Wi-Fi system; the master disc connected to the Hub by Ethernet also tested at c250Mbps over Wi-Fi.  

There are numerous (many very old) posts on here regarding this scenario with the Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks everyone for the help and replies.

Just an update in case anyone else does the same thing I did.

I connected via Ethernet and the problem was still there. After cursing everything and everyone I suddenly had a brain fart. 

Was the VPN still on?

Checked and yes, I still had the VPN switched on. 

Switched it off, ran the test again and pleased to say I am now showing 921Mbps download and 119Mbps upload.

Problem (All of my own doing) is now solved 🙂

0 Ratings