cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

G Fast Broadband - Disconnects and Slow Broadband speed

I Currently have Fibre 100 Package - I live in a housing estate in Chippenham, Wiltshire.

Since December 30th 2019 I have had constant issues with my broadband, numerous engineer visits with the conclusion of all the visits being I am to far from the cabinet (~430 Metres), they said that the max for G Fast should be 250 Metres from the cabinet. There is a cabinet alot closer to me down the road ~200 Metres but they said I can't be swapped onto it due to where my cable runs, well not easily.

Before all my issues I was getting roughly 98mbps Download and 10-12 mbps upload with a stable connection.

To start with, the broadband was disconnecting every 1 to 2 hours during day and night. This was resolved but the consequence was my speed was reduced to roughly 70-75mbps Download. This was after about 2 or 3 visits sometime around 16th January 2020.

About a month later the broadband was disconnecting again roughly every 1-2 hours. Again this was resolved but my speed was now down to 65-70mbps Download. 

This happened again in April but stayed at 65-70mbps Download. We agreed to leave it at that as it stayed stable after a few days of testing.

And now (starting from around 8th June) I started to get broadband disconnects again every few hours ~3/4hours and slower speeds of 50mbps Download, an engineeer came out and the speed was bumped back up to 60-65mbps Download but now I get more broadband disconnects ~2/3 Hours. After the engineer visit I had a chat with him, he suggested changing to VDSL, but I fail to see how this would resolve it as that does not change the distance from the cabinet to my house? 

I just want to have a solution that not only gives me a good speed but also a stable connection as this is going on far too long now. Upto 30th Decemeber my broadband had been stable and fast for a year and a half.

Does anyone else have a problem similar to this with G Fast? I did notice in March/April that there were Contractors running fibre around the estate I live in. One engineer (Around April) said this was for the Full Fibre that BT will be offering and I said I would wait to get my speed back up once I had Full Fibre but I am not able to get Full Fibre according to BT at this moment in time. Any Suggestions on what should be done?

I have had about 3/4 Hubs sent to me to try resolving this.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: G Fast Broadband - Disconnects and Slow Broadband speed

BT Broadband Wholesale.PNG

Once I am home later today I will post up the stats from the Hub, please can someone tell me where and what stats would need to be shared. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

advanced settings then technical log information when using SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 6

BT Fault Main Page.pngBT Fault Page 1.PNGBT Fault Page 2.PNG

Longest its stayed up thus far.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Have added the technical information now
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I woud suggest you revert to VDSL. Although it doesn't change the length of your cable it does change the frequencies involved and should give you a stable connection.

I'm surprised you were given a G.Fast connection at 450mts, the cut off used to be 350mts and I don't recall then changing it.