cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Gauranteed speed question

Go to solution

It may seem to not to be an issue for some.

But as I've had lots of speed issues, and BT Sport Ultimate takes a dedicated 30Mpbs of my available capacity, the differece between the remaing 8Mpbs to 13Mpbs can be important.

When I login to my account and check the offers - it says I currently have:

ozsat_1-1688469878384.png

But in my current package it says:

ozsat_2-1688469923785.png

Which one should I go - as with the issues it does matter?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Gauranteed speed question

Go to solution

can you post stats from your router if SH2 the go to hub manager then advanced then technical log information

can you also enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

you will get as fast as you line can handle up to the package cap.  the guaranteed speed is connection speed to the router/hub not to your devices

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

I use the Hub 6A.

My own speedtest are done with a signal Ethernet connect (no wifi) and I allow 2-3Mpbs loss.  I usually get 52/9.

These bits?

ozsat_1-1688470921485.png

ozsat_0-1688470790562.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

you are on fibre 2 with connection of 58/9.5mb which is higher than the expected range form the dslchecker probably due to the 3.4db noise margin.  you line cannot handle any faster speed.

if you renew your contract you should see no change in speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Hi - it wasn't a question about changing my speed - I want to know what is my correct Gauranteed Speed.

Two different pages in my accouny show different values - as shown in the first post.

52Mbps is the fastest I expect and get when things are working.

@imjollywrote:

you are on fibre 2 with connection of 58/9.5mb which is higher than the expected range form the dslchecker probably due to the 3.4db noise margin.  you line cannot handle any faster speed.

if you renew your contract you should see no change in speed

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

the guaranteed speeds are connection speeds not download speeds and you currently have a connection speed in excess of the your expected estimated speed shown by dslchecker

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

What exactly is your issue , you state BT  Sport Ultimate has a dedicated 30Mb, no it doesn’t , but obviously if watching something on BT Sport Ultimate , it will consume a fair bit of your available bandwidth, but any  ‘claim’ on your minimum speed guarantee doesn’t exclude your BT Sport usage ,  if your minimum speed guarantee is 38-43Mb , and your sync speed is over 50Mb then you are way over your guaranteed speed , hopefully you don’t think that you can watch BT Sport ( as you say potentially consuming 30Mb of your 50+ bandwidth ) , and then , for example, run a speed test and get 20Mb/s and  think as it’s  below 38Mb it somehow triggers the minimum speed guarantee , any test of your ‘speed’ needs to be done while there is no other demand placed on your connection apart from  the speed test itself.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

All I'm after is my gauranteed speed value!

The issue here is the line speed drops so often due to a cabinet fault - last time Openreach said water was dripping into the main cabinet. He said it may happen again.

Sometimes it drops by 10Mpbs - sometimes 30Mpbs.  But BT will only register a fault when it drops below the gaurantee.

On a good day all is good - on a wet day my speed can be somewhere between 2Mpbs and 52Mpbs - and really anywhere in between.

That gauranteed speed is the value I want!

Last time I called them they said my speed was 28Mpbs - so was below the gaurantee.  But what if I'm on 39Mpbs download?

I don't expect a customer to know which is correct - but perhaps somebody could tell which screen in correct.

@iniltouswrote:

What exactly is your issue , you state BT  Sport Ultimate has a dedicated 30Mb, no it doesn’t , but obviously if watching something on BT Sport Ultimate , it will consume a fair bit of your available bandwidth, but any  ‘claim’ on your minimum speed guarantee doesn’t exclude your BT Sport usage ,  if your minimum speed guarantee is 38-43Mb , and your sync speed is over 50Mb then you are way over your guaranteed speed , hopefully you don’t think that you can watch BT Sport ( as you say potentially consuming 30Mb of your 50+ bandwidth ) , and then , for example, run a speed test and get 20Mb/s and  think as it’s  below 38Mb it somehow triggers the minimum speed guarantee , any test of your ‘speed’ needs to be done while there is no other demand placed on your connection apart from  the speed test itself.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

The guaranteed speed is the handback threshold as given by the DSL checker.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

The threshold I posted from DSL say 32.4 or 27.4 - neither of which match the two different levels shown currently in My Account which are 38 and 43.

All I after is confirmartion of what my gauranteed speed is from BT.

@licquoricewrote:

The guaranteed speed is the handback threshold as given by the DSL checker.

0 Ratings