cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Gauranteed speed question

Go to solution

You guaranteed minimum speed is whatever your current contract states. Simple as that.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Exaclty  -  38 on one screen and 43 on another.

Asking for a printed version varies.

At one time it dropped down to 28.

I think I'll call them and get them to actually confirm it on my account notes.

@pippincpwrote:

You guaranteed minimum speed is whatever your current contract states. Simple as that.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

On the face of it , it seems that your current MSG is 38Mb , your renewal ( should you re contract ) will go up to 43Mb , probably because for all the months your existing contract has been running , your actual connection speed etc has been observed, so there is now real data from your connection to base your ‘new’ MSG on , ( rather than a mathematical calculation that was used to give a MSG before you actually became a BT customer ) if you don’t renew and continue with your current deal the MSG is 38Mb , if you renew you get the ‘benefit’ of the higher 43Mb MSG , but in any case your actual speed is 30% higher than even the ‘new’ MSG if you re-contract anyway.

For all your apparent problems, the actual observation of your line data over the previous period has deemed it’s actually better than before and the MSG has been raised accordingly,

if you have a ‘hard’ fault (  if , as you claim , when it’s raining the speed drops ) any ‘physical’ issues like high resistance, partial s/c , earth contacts , battery contacts etc  , on the line can be detected with a line test , so even if the speed hasn’t dropped to below the MSG , these defects are enough to get OR on the case , there is no barrier to BT calling OR out when a faulty line is detected.

If , as you state the speed drops but not as far as the MSG , and in your experience, BT won’t raise a fault with OR , simply report the issue differently, don’t simply say ‘my speed occasionally drops from 57Mb ( which is what the router stats show ) to below 38Mb but return to 57Mb, but as you have had OR visits already , presumably some of your fault reports have been progressed to OR 

TBH , if this instability was frequent, it doesn’t really explain why you line hasn’t been banded due to this instability .

Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@ozsatwrote:

Exaclty  -  38 on one screen and 43 on another.

Asking for a printed version varies.

At one time it dropped down to 28.

I think I'll call them and get them to actually confirm it on my account notes.

@pippincpwrote:

No, it matters not what any screen says. You will have your MCS sent to you via an email together with your contract including any changes if you recontract.

If you have not entered into a new contract all the terms you agreed to still apply including Minimum speed guarantee, simple as that (again).

Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

So each time I change anything it seems I get an email with a different 'Sat Fast' speed - but the last one I have ties in with the current contract. So I take it that this even better guarantee is the one BT have to stick with:

ozsat_0-1688538083800.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings