cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Getting the FTTP installation re located

Hi all, I had FTTP installed last week all is well and the engineer did a very neat job..... BUT! I don't like that the cabling runs round nearly half my house and also around my front door. I have a plan, I am going to get a couple of double sockets fitted in the cupboard by the front door next to the Breaker box, if the cabling is routed there it would be a significantly shorter run much neater and less unsightly and not around the front door. If I request an engineer to do this are they going to charge me and if so how much would it likely be. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Getting the FTTP installation re located

@DSCW469 

Duplicate post removed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Yes, you will most certainly be charged, why would you think otherwise.

Not sure of cost, but figure of £130 springs to mind.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@licquoricewrote:

Not sure of cost, but figure of £130 springs to mind.

Socket move is £130, an ONT move is just over £98, so slightly cheaper for the OP

Message 5 of 9

Thanks That's not to bad a figure.

It will be a month or 2 anyway need a sparks to do the electrical work first. I had hoped baring in mind I have copper from the street right in to the house, the cable could have been routed to the same point in the house. Not sure why it has to always be on an outside wall when there is a an alternative. But Hey Ho, it is what it is!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Did the installer discuss it with you? If not you could complain and see if they will move it for free.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Sounds to me like the Engineers installed it where asked.

Routing a cable externally is always the preferred method, especially with Fibre EZ Bend Cable as to run it internally you have to remove the outer sheathing (black) and reduce it to the 5mm Micro Core, which can only be stapled to skirting boards and or over door frames, which in my opinion looks like s***.

Also a Basic Install only allows the Engineer to run 10m of Cable Internally. So if the OP wanted the ONT installing on the other side of the house by doing it Internally he should’ve asked the Engineer to return the job and then contacted BT and paid for a Premium Install.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Ok forgive me here is the ONT the part inside the house? If it is I take it all I need to request is for the ONT to be re sited.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

The ONT is the small white internal box. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings