cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Google sign in after fibre install

Hi all, had the fibre install, all good until I try to sign into my Google account, sends the usual message to my phone to verify but just reads  'oops something's gone wrong, try again later'. Anyone manage to get around this?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Google sign in after fibre install

Can you connect to any other sites or is it just Google that you're having problems with

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Everything else fine, Facebook, BBC, ebay etc. it's the Google authentification (security) that's the problem, probably due to the new (ip?) address, same device though- iMac. Tried various Google help pages/ sites, but nothing found.

Thanks for your reply

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I googled "google 'oops something's gone wrong, try again later' mac" (without the quotes of course) and it seems to be a known problem with no known solution. One poster did suggest logging in to Google in an incognito window and stated that it worked even when he went back to using a normal browser window - only to come back later to say that it had failed again (bu**er).

It might still be worth trying though, you never know your luck.

https://support.google.com/profile/28181776

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

A different IP address shouldn't matter to the authenticator app.  I have come over from TalkTalk and use several different authenticator apps for 2F authentication and they both work fine since the move to BT FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Which browser are you using to access Google?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings