cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Have I Booked an Engineer Slot?

Our BB is down, using my phone I went through the procedure for booking an engineer slot and the very last screen said "Sorry we ran into trouble checking your service" rather than a confirmation.

The process I went through was book or track but I don't get an option to track to see if a slot has been booked or not.

Any advice please.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Have I Booked an Engineer Slot?

@Thompson218 

Try the "Message now" on this page https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt/technical-support/broadband

You can also look on MyBT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Thank you. Turned out the slot hadn't been booked.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

These automatic bots are not really reliable.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

No, shame really. It was pretty smooth until the very last message which left me hanging.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

It probably needed to talk to the Openreach bot, to look on their booking system, and that wasn`t talking 🙂

Too much reliance on robotic systems.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Agree entirely Keith. However the programming should fail in a way that is informative, not leave the customer hanging.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

It's all starting to fall apart.

Had an email at 14:01 saying we've cancelled you visit because its a network fault and will be fixed by 20/6/2024.

Followed by another email at 14:02 saying we are working on your fault and hope to have it fixed by midnight on 17/6/2024 but will fix it sooner if we can.

Oh hum.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Looks like a fault affecting more than one customer. Are you on a full fibre connection?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

If only - we get 27Mb download and 5Mb upload if we are lucky. Our package is called Fibre 2.

0 Ratings