cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Have I Booked an Engineer Slot?

So that`s a VDSL connection from the cabinet, so if you are getting no sync on the home hub, then it may be a fault on the cabinet affecting all users.

If yo are getting sync, but no Internet, then that may indicate a fault on the fibre backhaul link to the exchange.

When there is a multiple fault, an automatic fault report is logged against all the users, so that when they report the fault, Openreach know its no worth visiting each customer.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

I'm not quite sure what you mean by no sync. The light on the hub is orange. It's static most of the time I think but flashes every now and then for a few minutes.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Interesting thanks. 

Regarding the orange light, every time I've checked over the last 15 minutes it's been flashing so might be mistaken about it ever being steady.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Hopefully it will be sorted by the expected date, or earlier. Openreach only do repairs at the weekend, on business customers who opt pay for a better SLA.

There are exceptions for welfare cases.

Message 16 of 17

Ok, thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Just a quick update, not expecting a reply.

The orange light is steady this morning so it seems to be alternating between steady orange and flashing orange. The hub is in another room so I can't be sure how long it stays in each state. My wife says she saw it flash purple briefly too. I'm assuming this just a routine it goes through in trying to reconnect. 

0 Ratings