cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Help required with connection in new build

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm due to move into a new property shortly, and I'm having issues sorting Broadband to the property. I'm currently with NowTV, and have asked them to switch my connection to the new address, but they cannot find it.

This is a new build property on a small estate (5 houses) - when I use the BT/Openreach postcode checker, only 2 of 5 properties show as being broadband compatible. Our new address is correct on the Royal Mail Database FWIW.

There is also no master socket inside the house - although there is a line coming in.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Help required with connection in new build

Go to solution

If you have not done so already, check with the developer/builder as to what arrangements they have made.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

New builds are often FTTP only & it may be that "line" is actually a fibre cable. There may be an ONT hidden in a cupboard somewhere or it may be that only the fibre has been run. While looking for something else recently I found an Openreach document targeted at developer self-install of the ONT. So as above, the developer should be your first port of call.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@computer126 

This is a BT Retail Customer Forum. As you are a Now TV customer, you need to post on their user forum for advice.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forums/ct-p/Forums

This BT Forum has no connection with Openreach.

0 Ratings