cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: How long for Openreach to update after fibre pulled in?

I thought Zoom used BT WPC over its 21CN network for backhaul, which would indicate to me that the local village exchange is connected to 21CN by somethign a bit faster than a twisted pair and wet string, possibly ready for a BT F.MSAN to be dropped in, but I'm just guessing .. probably incorrectly.

I did manage to check on btwholesale and nothing seems to have chnaged on my line status, but the "public" broadband checker does still say "not yet availabe" instead of "Build planned before Dec 2026" now ...

I was just hopeful that after seeing the BT guy install the 7 way BFT manifold just a few metres away, it wouldn't be long now ...

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

I presume you mean BT WBC ( wholesale broadband connect ) rather than BT WPC , but Zoom consume WBC like Sky and Vodafone and other do ,  VF use many network suppliers , and in areas where there is a choice between BTW and ( for example ) City Fibre , they prefer the alternative, basically WBC is FTTP ISP using Openreach FTTP and WBC to connect to their own backhaul, Zoom provides its own  infrastructure , and nothing to do with Openreach , if they at some point use BTw as ‘transit’ ( and I don’t think they do , there are plenty of competitors offering this ) it has no bearing on OR FTTP availability .

No such thing as a 7 way manifold ( CBT , connector used block terminal ) so probably an 8 way , and that is promising that if you observed an Openreach ( not BT , BT are no involved in the external network ) installing this equipment that availability will ( hopefully ) be shown in the relatively near future, but occasionally plans change , CBT’s etc get fitted , but the service for whatever reason doesn’t follow quickly after that .

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

@rszemeti - Try the Openreach checker too. 

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-checker 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Yes, it is the OpenReach checker you mentioned that has changed from "Build planned before Dec 2026" to "Not Yet Available"

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Ah yes, probably an 8 way manifold,   I only briefly glanced at it while talking to the Opentrench guy.  Rigthio, I'll just have to be patient then.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Worked a lot with BFT before Openreach switched to Connectorised Block Terminals and I never saw them use a 7 or 8 Fibre Manifold, I only ever saw 12 Fibre Manifolds. 

When were they building it, I thought Openreach stopped using BFT Manifolds in favour of CBT’s long before I left, taking years.

Even in areas that already had BFT they would extend those builds using CBT’s and not Manifolds.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

I probably used the wrong term.  Anyway ... there is a "roughly 8 way,  multiport fibre doo-dad in the box 10m away" ...

0 Ratings