cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Hub Admin Password Fails

Go to solution

I've just had Full Fibre Broadband installed. I set up my laptop wireless to work on the new hub using the password given on the BT Smart Hub 2. This was fine. I am using it now.

I wanted to change the Admin password so went to 192.168.1.254 and selected Advanced Settings and then System.

This pops up the window to type current password into.

It keeps rejecting the password even though it hasn't been changed.

I was using Firefox so I tried Chrome but that throws up the same problem.

I tried override, pressing the WPS button on the Hub until blue light flashes, but I don't know what screen one types the new password into, my browser just displays the same enter current password screen.

Why is it rejecting the password? How do I set a new one (what should I see on my browser window after pressing WPS button?)?

pamelap_1-1664817567100.png

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hub Admin Password Fails

Go to solution

The hub is asking you to enter the current Admin password but you seem to be talking about the Wi-Fi, they're two different passwords and both are printed on the card on the back of the hub.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Hub Admin Password Fails

Go to solution

If you did factory reset when you changed to FTTP then password should be the admin password shown on back of hub.  I still having problems for whatever reason then press the reset button on back and hold 20/30 secs until hub lights flash.  The admin password is not back to the original shown on back of hub.  You can now change the password to whatever you want

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.