cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 24

Re: I have moved to 900MB but still suck with the speed around 500MB download

Thanks for that. The whys and wherefores are not really relevant to anyone but technos tbh.  Yes Wi-Fi speed is very important indeed. Who wants copper wire speed? Answer no one. Who wants gigabit speed? Answer everyone. Who plugs there phones tablets or even computers into the hub? Answer very few. So by advertising a speed of 900 mbps BT are misleading just about everyone. Do EE offer a router that can provide, over WiFi, gigabit speed? If so then BT need to provide their customers with them. Advertising Standards need to look into this. BT are charging a lot of extra money for 900 speed which doesn’t actually work!  

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 24

The advertising states in the small print that it is for the speed to your router. For some people with wiring around their houses this will be fine.

You can replace the SmartHub 2 with a router / mesh system with faster WiFi if it is not fast enough for you.

BT will not update their consumer routers because they want you to move to EE.

New EE routers are WiFi 6 and a WiFi 7 router is coming later in the year.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 24

“Small print” says it all. Someone mentioned disingenuous. That’s exactly what BT are.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 24

There is no ISP who guarantees wireless speeds, its impossible to to the long list of thing that can affect it. Let me know when you find an ISP that does and I'll donate £100 to the charity of your choice.

0 Ratings