cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Intermittent Internet ( dropping out ) on Infinity 1

Go to solution

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone can cast any thoughts on the fault I have at the moment. A few days ago, the BB dropped out completely one evening, when I looked at the Hub 5, there was NO flashing orange light, ( which I have had before, a long time ago ) instead, the orange light was flickering, ?? - so I rebooted it, and upon reboot, the orange flashing light was present, and therefore it wasnt syncing up to BB . I left it, and a few hours later the BB reinstated - however, the fault I have is that , even though the router has synced up, the Internet content is intermittently dropping all the time !

I have run a speed test where there are no resources drawing off the router, so the router is just hanging off of the BB line. When I run a speed test, the results are good, 70 mb/s D/L and 15 mb/s  U/L.

However, the Internet drops and reinstates all the time. 

I am running software on the laptop, that is an internet connectivity logger, and this records the internet drops in real time, I will be able to show these events to the openreach engineer when he/she comes out next monday. The internet dropping is very severe and causes major issues, esp with the in-demand of the sky box.

What Ive done this end. - swapped the BB router to a brand new hub 6 - still no good. Changed out the BB filter, still no good. rung 17070 , done a quiet line test, - very silent, quiet line is observed. Factory reset of BB router, - no good. So its my thinking that the internet dropping is deeper into the network, ie at the Fibre street cab, or deeper in the network. BT said line tests were ok? not sure if they get logging info , like I have been doing, BT also said they couldnt even see the complete BB loss that occured a few days ago. Any thoughts greatly appreciated, and I will update as necessary. Regards 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Intermittent Internet ( dropping out ) on Infinity 1

Go to solution

if the internet is dropping is the hub lights changing from blue all the time?  are you connecting laptop by ethernet or wifi?  if wifi have you try using ethernet and see if any better

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi

The BLUE light is constantly on, but the internet is dropping all the time. I know that if the BB goes out of sync , the Blue light lags behind, so that when the internet drops, the blue light stays ON because after a few seconds, the router syncs back in again, so its as if there is no problem ( but there IS ! ) Thats why Im monitoring, in real time, the internet connectivity so i can show the engineer. Im connecting with CAT 6 short cable straight in to the HUB . 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

normally if the hub dropped internet connection I would expect the hub light to change colour and hub will show a drop internet connection time

please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @circuitbender and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection dropping. I hope the engineer gets this sorted for you on Monday but in the meantime if you can post the details requested by @imjolly we'll be happy to take a look for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for the replies. 

When I log into the HH5, and go into troubleshooting, when I go on to PC desktop help, this redirects to a BT website advising that Desktop help is no longer available ?

I could always, connect a HH 6 if necessary, to provide a fault log if this is available on the hub 6, -or - as mentioned, I have a program running, monitoring the internet connection, and this is constantly recording a log of the dropping out, in real time, so i could post the results

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

it is not the logs which you need to post it is the actual hub stats

when you go to hub manager then troubleshooting then there should be a heading helpdesk and if you select that (not desktop help) you should see your hub stats .  that is information to post using camera icon

how to upload photo.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help. As requested, I have attached a screenshot of the Hub 5 stats.

Kind regards

Adrianhub 5.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Just an update. The openreach engineer arrived today and after testing the line determined that that there was a fault external to my property - he fixed the problem and we are now back up and running again. Excellent service from Openreach. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

You can give feedback on this form.

https://www.openreach.com/thank-an-engineer-form

It is appreciated.

0 Ratings