cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Internet connection dropping

Getting a new router won't necessarily fix your problem, given that you gave said you had the same problem with both the Sky router and the BT hub so that would tend to rule out the router being the source of the problem, but it's your money so if you think it will help get one. It shouldn't make things worse.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

@pippincp wrote:

NB you won't be able to use Digital Voice with a third party router, you will have to switch to an independant VoIP provider is homee phone is needed.

The OP said "getting a higher end router after the SH 2 to handle all my devices "?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

@gg30340wrote:

@pippincpwrote:

NB you won't be able to use Digital Voice with a third party router, you will have to switch to an independant VoIP provider is homee phone is needed.

The OP said "getting a higher end router after the SH 2 to handle all my devices "?

Did the first sentance of my post suggest keeping the SH2? Context matters.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

@pippincp wrote:

@gg30340wrote:

@pippincpwrote:

Did the first sentance of my post suggest keeping the SH2? Context matters.

No it did not, where as the OP stated he was, therefore your post about not being able to use DV is not relevant to him unless you were just posting "random information"  about 3rd party routers and DV.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

@gg30340  Come on now, you admit I was advocating using a third party router rather than the SH2 in my reply to the OP.

We have both been on this forum long enough to know that other (perhaps new) users jump on a thread to say say "the same as me ".

Are they not worthy of the "Random Information" that DV will not work with a third party router?

Would you prefer I didn't mention  it and someone droped in, thought it could be a solution and came back and said DV wouldn't work? I wouldn't.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

I was pointing it out per chance that the OP, and having  " been on this forum long enough to know that other (perhaps new) users jump on a thread to say say "the same as me ". would have thought that he would not be able to use DV because you had stated that he could not when using a 3rd party router, when in fact as you are no doubt aware, he could given what he had said about using it after the SH2.

As this is going nowhere I'll leave it now.

0 Ratings