cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Ipv6 dns

Hi I'm really confused  I just joined bt and have been put on ipv6 but previously I was on ipv4 but I've noticed dhcp Is giving me static ipv4 adresses I've also noticed I've got no secondary dns and the hub is useing it's gateway as a dns server I'm not sure whether it's been set up right because my games are also going really fast too witch is strange I'm not sure if it's lag I do get ipv6 adresses too but it's really confusing to me 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Ipv6 dns

You have both IPv6 and IPv4 with BT.

No idea what you mean by DHCP  is giving you static IP addresses, the phrase is an oxymoron.

Unless you have set your DNS servers manually on your network adapter, you will be using the the primary and secondary DNS servers allocated by the hub

Message 3 of 5

The only  dns servers I have is the hubs gateway that seems to make itself the dns serversI'm not sure what's going on  I don't have any secondary dns servers 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Sigh, the hub provides the DNS server addresses. If you go to advanced settings > Broadband > Internet you will see the actual addresses of the servers.

BT don't use IPv6 DNS servers, they use the IPv4 servers to serve IPv6 addresses.

Message 5 of 5

I'm just confused.🤣