cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Loss of WiFi & television channels

My contact expires in October of this year, for the last 6 months, my WiFi & channels have been knocked off, serval engineers have been out to look @ the problem, they have said there is nothing wrong with it, Then yesterday the WiFi & my channel’s both went off for 10 hours, then today another engineer came out & said yeah there is a fault but there is nothing he can do, once again I’m without out WiFi & channels it’s now been 15 hours, what a joke, I’ve got to wait till next Wednesday for someone to come out, I have paid £300 in 6 months for what?? What I want to know is BT breaking there side of there contact by not for fulfilling it? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Loss of WiFi & television channels

If you chose to use BTTV and instead of using an antenna input to watch Freeview channels use the IP option , then obviously if your broadband is down your TV watching is affected.
If you are having problems with your broadband, but various engineer checks state they can find no issue , you may need to be more specific about what the actual problem is,
Are you on FTTP ( fibre to the premises ) or FTTC ( fibre to the cabinet ) if FTTP , when you lose your broadband what lights are lit on the ONT ( does the LOS light come on ) , if FTTC , what colour light is lit on the BT Hub when you lose broadband, does it stay blue or for example go green or orange ?, are you only connecting using WiFi , or do you have wired devices are are they also affected, is it certain times of the day these drop out occur ( things like faulty central heating devices switching on and off can cause interference than causes FTTC /ADSL broadband to drop out ) there are so many variables , to have a chance of diagnosing what the issue could be , much more information is needed .
Perhaps you can provide more details , what you have checked yourself and what have the Openreach engineers  told you , an engineer stating ‘Yep , there is a problem but there is nothing they can do’ seems odd , even if that engineer had limitations on what they are able to check themselves , they should pass the problem to others OR or BT engineers that do have the necessary ‘skills’ to resolve whatever the problem is.

Message 3 of 5

Hi @Sarah26,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry if you've been left without service. I'm sure the engineer on Wednesday will be able to help you get back online.

I understand from your post you have had multiple faults over the last few months. If you send me your details, I'll be able to a look at your service to try and get a better understanding of what is going on.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi Paddy

What information do you need? As I can only Reed 2 lines of your message 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

If you click on the title of the message it will open up the full message for you to read.

0 Ratings