cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Lost connection

Hello,

I lost my connection for 30 minutes last night, constant rebooting of the hub made difference until it blipped back online. How do I find out what happened?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lost connection

You can't

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@Caher 

Possibly a PEW (Planned Engineering Work)

Zen has a page which list all current and past recent faults, and PEWs that affect the Openreach network.

https://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/

You may be able to find your outage, if you know when it was.

Message 4 of 8

Personally, since my October FTTP install I've had a couple of outages the one last for 45mins [no details on the Zen outage page] after performing local diagnostics and confirming it was not a end user issue then calling BT support and them staying my SH2 is wrongly configured because I had disabled the Wi-Fi (stated for them to leave my config alone) but although the ONT and SH2 were stating online there was no outwards traffic and traces were not passing beyond the first handover point. I gave up and waited and about 15mins later service resumed without any power cycling etc.

What I find more annoying is the 14 days SH2 automatic reboot that has no option to be disabled - just in my opinion is a poor choice to resolve potential buffer overflow and firmware bugs when consider previous routers would stay up for months at a time and only interrupted due to power or service outages but due to DV hardware requirements I have little choice currently.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@Starman  You can always just restart the router at a time convenient to you  just before the 14 day restart. Possibly whilst making a brew.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Grated yes but I just find the reasoning flawed and sign of cheap quick workaround.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

OK continue with the 14 day reboot. Your choice no mine, mine would be to use my own router which would not be affected and would be far superior than any ISP supplied equipment.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@pippincpif customers don't voice displeasure on current situation nothing will change.

I realise I could utilise a 3rd party router (I have and done so for many years) but it was however my mistake (lack of research and FTTP excitement) in ordering DV service instead of moving to VOIP offering a mistake I won't repeat next time once my 18 months remaining contact ends unless the situation has changed by that time.

0 Ratings