Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: Low upload speed

Ok I'll get back to u asap
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 31

So I realised I've no Ethernet port on laptop! 

I asked neighbours for their speeds and they have no issues at all. I have arranged for an engineer to come tomorrow. Hopefully if they change the ONT and router, then may solve it!

I'll let you know outcome 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 31

The engineer will probibly find nothing wrong at all with your connection. Wireless is your problem.

Message 14 of 31

So why is my wired connection bad too?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 31

Are you experiencing real world issues ( buffering etc ) or is it just the poor reported upload speed of the wired smart TV speed app that is concerning you ?, or does the TV app simply confirm the issues you have using streaming apps on the TV , and WiFi devices….gimmick TV ‘apps’ tend to go unsupported, and shouldn’t be relied upon , especially if it’s the only ‘evidence’ of a wired performance issue.

As already stated , your optical path , is identical to the neighbours who don’t have any upload issues, so that kind of eliminates the PON itself as being faulty , the non common parts of your access onto the PON are your individual optical  ‘lead in’ from the CBT to the CSP , the optical cable between  it and the ONT and the ONT itself ( and the splices between the cables ) , it’s pretty difficult to see how the cable or cable splices can only affect upload , so that leaves the ONT…..seeing as you are getting an OR visit anyway, and as nothing more than a process of elimination you could ask for it to be changed , the router already has been changed.

Assuming OR change the ONT , if the issue remains , then I would suggest the issue cannot really something that your ISP or OR are responsible for, without you first conclusively proving  poor upload with something like a wired PC

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 31

Appreciate your reply mate. It's all a bit over my head!

Yeh my wired connection is to an Android box connected to tv. I no longer have a laptop with Ethernet connection so hard to judge any other way. 

Our main issue is when using our phones to upload photos to cloud or when sending video messages etc. We have to turn wifi off and use 4g as wifi so slow

Again we have never had an issue with download speed that as promised stays around 70

The upload speed is supposed to be around 20. It just drops over a couple of weeks to between 0 and 2. For the last few months, rebooting router a few times has sorted it out but that is no longer working 

I agree it's very odd to have download working ok but not upload. 

The screenshots my neighbours sent were all from wireless connections, and considerably higher speeds than mine

I hope the engineer will be able to do something. Surely something is wrong if reverting to phone 4g?!

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 31

You're not going to get accurate speed test results from an android box, especially as a lot of them don't have a gigabit ethernet port.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 31

Sure. But even if not accurate, upload speed still far too low?!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 31

If you haven't got any devices that require high speeds, isn't it better to maybe look into getting lower speed instead of chasing speed tests?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 31

Sorry I don't understand. I'm not chasing speed tests, I'd just like my wifi to function as it should 

0 Ratings