cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Moved house not correct speeds

Hello all.

I was on Fibre 2 at my previous address getting 70mbps. I have now brought a house and wanted to move my fibre 2 service to it.

I contacted BT and they said i couldn't as there was no room at the cabinet. So i compained that they wanted me to go on copper connection and pay roughly the same as Fibre 2. 

After contacting them again about leaving BT as i needed the speed and copper wasn't enough, out of no where i could now have Fibre 2 installed at my new home. Great! 

So i have moved in and the engineers came and had to re wire my house to the cabinet and that was all done great. 

Now it says in MY BT on fibre 2 i can get speeds up to 45 - 50mbps with a guarantee of 39mbps. Well surely that was Fibre 1 speeds? 

I have checked the DSLchecker and it says to my address i can get high of 68mbps and lows of 52mbps. What i am receiving to the hub is 39mbps. 

To me it feels like i am paying Fibre 2 package price but it has been capped at Fibre 1 package price. 

Is there anyone that can check this out and find out why im supposed to be on Fibre 2 but not getting those speeds at all. I feel the guy on the phone that i complained to at the start has lied to me to get me to stay and sign another contract!

Thanks in advance 

BT Broadband and 5 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 25_08_2022 16_41_59 (2).pngBT Broadband and 5 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 25_08_2022 16_41_49 (2).png

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moved house not correct speeds

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

You can only get as fast as your line can handle and the figures on adslchecker are estimates based on a good line

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply.

I cannot do the dial test as I don't have a home phone connected.

Here are screen shots of the technical log. Hope this helps

Screenshot_20220825-170355_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220825-170351_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

From your stats you max attainab!e speed is 49mb and you currently have 43mb connection so can't see how you are you are going to get fibre 2 speeds.  Compared to your previous home you are much further from your street cabinet and possible not as a good a line connection causing speed slightly lower than dslchecker estimate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Okay thanks for clearing that up. Goes to my next point. BT have sold me fibre 2 that is misleading. They could of said fibre 1 but never did and said fibre 2 to make me stay and it has now put me in a new contract with them for even longer. For few quid extra I could of gone to Virgin and get over 200mbps. 

I feel I have been lied to to get me to stay after saying I'm leaving.

0 Ratings