cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Moving home and out of contract

Go to solution

Just a quick query to settle my mind as helpline closed at the minute. I am out of contract and about to move house, i get through everything re moving home etc and picking my packages, even as far as appointment picked for engineer, but when it comes to pay, it says, sorry you need to phone us to make sure it goes smoothly. Any reason for this? Never had to do it when I moved before. I will ring tomorrow but just any ideas so I know what the issue could be. Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moving home and out of contract

Go to solution

from a previous post you may find the problem is you are not in contract.  were you in contract when you moved before?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi bud,

Yes was in the middle of the contract which just lapsed about 2 months ago. The house I had moved to was a temporary stop gap whilst waiting to move permanently

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

As stated it may well be the fact that you are out of any minimum term that’s the issue , it recently became apparent ( and was presumably a change in policy ) that home movers don’t start a new minimum term but the customers  existing contract terms continue at the new address , this presumably means you need to consent to a new minimum term , as you currently don’t have a ‘contract’ as such , presumably you will need to call rather than complete the application on line 

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Yes I think that was the reason. Anyway everything all good, managed to get a cheaper better contract. Thanks for replying everyone

0 Ratings