cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: My experience of Full Fibre

Go to solution
You can think whatever you like, it is still a free country, just, but the other ISP s I spoke to referred to BT as a monopoly and I am simply repeating what they said. In any event this is irrelevant to OP's thread.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

As I said previously, many ISPs choose not to offer FTTP, that doesn't mean BT have a monopoly. Ofcom certainly would not allow it.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution
And as I said previously I am simply repeating what the other ISPs said to me.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fttp-providers

25 providers ….I don’t know where you were looking , perhaps you need to look up the  definition of a monopoly 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution
Gosh, you're lucky! Sadly that is not the position where I am - one provider and it's BT.
I was answering OP with my experience. You are picking fights where none are needed. Please stop.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

You apparently don’t understand how the wholesale system works….BT are not a network supplier , they are ( to all intents ) an ISP, they purchase wholesale access to Openreach products , the same as every other ISP shown on that Openreach page….admittedly some are not country wide , but the recognisable names offer service everywhere….same as BT, so it’s not luck , the OR page isn’t the ISP available to myself or my location , it’s the ISP that purchase Openreach access on the same terms as BT and offer retail services over it…BT have never had anything other than the same access to OR FTTP as everyone else…..if you pick a supplier and they are not on that list, or are on the list but don’t want your business, that is entirely up to them .

Openreach cannot offer sweetheart deals to BT, it’s not allowed and they don’t do it, simply put you are wrong in your assertion that only BT were available, even a few years ago when Sky and TT didn’t want to offer access to FTTP, even then there was alternatives to BT.

Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

I think you were given bad/incorrect information which you believed was true.  As has been posted that information was wrong and has been shown to be wrong but you keep defending the incorrect information and still think there is a Monopoly by BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution
Your may find this strange but, since this all happened a year ago, I am not remotely interested in the current situation. I was informing OP of what happened in MY SITUATION. Bleat on about how it should be. I am telling you what happened. I spoke to Open Reach. I spoke to numerous ISPs. You know better. What a shame you weren't there at the time to handle it all for me. Now please go and troll someone else.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution
Perhaps I was given the wrong information. Perhaps it was told the truth. It really does not matter now, it is over a year ago. I am stuck with BT for another year. Hopefully when the time is up I will be able to go elsewhere. In the meantime BT deleted all my sent items today. You may find it bizarre but trying to sort that is more important to me than your assertions of what and what did not happen. You were not there at the time. I was.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

Having previously worked in telecoms, it's very easy to pull the "BT have a monopoly" card.

No they do not - they were forced to split into a service element (BT) and the wholesale element (Openreach). The governance surrounding it are that strict I was told that BT & Openreach employees aren't even allowed to email each other aside from official avenues.

People continuously spread misinformation from other ISPs. It makes customers feel they are caught between a rock and a hard place which they are not. Therefore, in your situation, I'd imagine it's not to do with BT having a monopoly rather the other ISPs simply won't offer what BT are prepared to.

As a customer, how would you be expected to know this? You wouldn't but the point is you do now moving forward so that this "monopoly" rhetoric can be challenged if presented to you again in the future.