cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Neighbours across the road on the same telegraph pole serving the same cabinet can get FTTP but me?

Today I found out my neighbours across the road from me can get FTTP but I can't?? When I tried getting a community funded fibre project going I remember clearly them not having FTTP and FTTC just like me. But now up the road from me I noticed the estate that does have FTTP which I've always known, there is now a line connecting from there to ours now. 5 houses are connected to said telegraph pole and only 2 can get FTTP? Super annoying because I've been asking constantly and doing everything I can to get it, just to be teased with it being on the same pole but still can't get... What shall I do?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Neighbours across the road on the same telegraph pole serving the same cabinet can get FTTP but

They may have ordered it using the Nearby Nad.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Re: Neighbours across the road on the same telegraph pole serving the same cabinet can get FTTP but

I spoke to 1 of them and he said he hasn't ordered any type of fibre and just has regular super fast. Yet he is still able to upgrade 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

If your neighbour, who is connected to a pole , that you are also connected to , can order WBC FTTP but you cannot , either they are incorrectly recorded as having access but cannot actually get it , and if they ordered , their order would fail , or your address is capable of getting FTTP but an addressing error means that you are unable to order .
Does this pole that directly serves both you and the neighbour that apparently can order FTTP , have an Openreach CBT on it ( a fibre distribution block ) ?, if this pole is served from other poles ( so part of a chain of poles that are connected together by overhead cables  ) , and there isn’t a CBT on the pole closest to you and the neighbour that can order FTTP , is there a CBT on a pole within a shortish distance ( 200 meters ) ?
If there isn’t a CBT , it’s probable that you neighbour is showing access to something they cannot get , if there is a CBT that they can use , ( so their ‘data’ is correct ) then your address data will probably contain errors that are stopping you ordering

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Yeah, not even 30 metres away and it has a CBT on it and a cable coming from it connecting to our telegraph pole 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

can you post results from dslchecker using phone number or address for you and neighbour and see what is shown as available

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

1dsaxz.PNG

I've checked this before and theirs says "WBC FTTP" where as mine is just "FTTPoD"

2.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

can you delete your neighbours address please for security

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

done, my fault. uploaded wrong one where I blurred it out

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

There is ( apparently ) a form you can fill in on the Openreach website something along the lines of ‘my neighbour can get FTTP but I cannot’ , this prompts OR to check if your address can get FTTP , given the proximity of a neighbour that can.

Often in very rural setting addresses can be vague , and if they don’t match what OR have in their records , then they won’t show as having availability when they do , have you checked your address is identical to the address for your property with Royal Mail website, if it’s in anyway mismatched , you may need your provider ( presumably that’s BT otherwise why are you posting here ) to raise an ORDI to get OR records to match .

0 Ratings