cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

New Build unable get access to Broadband even though available to my neighbour

Hi, 

We are in a new build house, we have lived here for nearly 2 years now, and the address has been officially registered for 3 years. 

Our village has super fast broadband installed, our neighbours have access to it. As we are a new build, and we have a separate postcode, our address shows as unable to have access to Broadband - even though our neighbours have it on a different postcode. 

I have spoken to OpenReach who have told me that they cannot help us, and that we need to go through a provider to get an engineer out to connect us and to ask the provider to get our address updated through the ORDI Robot System. Every provider I have contacted (several times) has said that they cannot help us, or help get our address updated through the system, as the Open Reach system says that we don't have the infrastructure in place locally because we have a different postcode being a new build. 

I don't know what to do! I cant get any type of broadband to our house currently and have no solutions of getting any further forward. OpenReach won't help us and Providers haven't been able to help us. 

Has anyone been able to overcome this challenge before that could advise? 

Many thanks 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: New Build unable get access to Broadband even though available to my neighbour

I assume you don't have a landline so can you enter your address not post ode and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Re: New Build unable get access to Broadband even though available to my neighbour

Check your address with the Royal Mail database at  https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode. Then check your address, using your postcode listed in https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome  

If the BT Wholesale address is different to the Royal Mail address the you need to contact the ISP of your choice and ask them to raise an ORDI request with Openreach to get your address updated.

Reply crossed with @imjolly 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Any ISP using the Openreach network can raise an ORDI.

Are you saying that since moving you have had no internet connection via an Openreach provider?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi, results are below for our UPRN:

comptonhouse_0-1708977393190.png

However, when in input my neighbours address (who is also a new build, but on an existing postcode), they have full access, see below:

comptonhouse_1-1708977470818.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

No, we have been using a sim only mobile broadband, but it is very poor in our area as signal is rubbish.

I have contacted 5 different providers who have not been able to raise an ORDI for us
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Royal Mail database is correct. When I put my postcode into the Broadband checker link it wont find my postcode, but will find our UPRN. I have been asking several providers to get the ORDI updated but unsuccessfully so far - they just keep telling me that they can't help me because Broadband isn't available to our postcode, even though Open Reach has told me they just need the ORDI updated
0 Ratings