cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New Fiber to premises installation

Hi

I'm considering switching to BT full fibre (from Virgin fbre)

Question is where will the fibre enter the house ? 

The current virgin fiber comes in at side of house through the front garden from trunking in footpath outside propoerty. This is convienient as all hidden behind TV (router etc).

I have an old BT line that enters house at front (from a BT pole in street) but it's nowhere near where i need the fiber to come into house. There doesn't seen to be a master socket as such anyway, and the copper line hasn't been used for ages.

So do BT plumb in the fibre from the same trunking from the footpath ? I certainly don't want internal wires running through the house from the current BT copper line position..

Any advice ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New Fiber to premises installation

have you checked the FTTP (fibre to the premises) is available at your address?  enter your address and post results  remember delete address

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Yes, i checked is available already ... just need to know how fibre will come in...
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

the trunking will belong to Virgin so openreach will not use that so could be from path outside requiring digging up trench in garden or maybe from the telegraph pole  if any neighbours have FTTP do you know how it enters their home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The fibre optic cable will probably follow the route of the old copper, so from a pole. It can be routed around the outside of your house (within reason) to a suitable entry point.

So give some thought as to where you would the modem (ONT) and the Smart Hub in your house. You will need power for both. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’