cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

New Fibre Install

Go to solution

Hi All,

I just moved into a new build estate, with FTTP. Open Reach were here yesterday and have everything installed, spliced and ready to go. Engineer confirmed connectivity back to the exchange. 

So I went ahead and placed an order, initial activation was 6th April, but thats since been pushed back to 12th April as 'the network is still being built' - which doesn't feel right. 

I see green lights on my internal equipment for PON and Power.

What I do notice is on my order page I see an 'X _dummy_ Road Name' in my address, I wonder if this is confusing things?

Anyway - I was wondering - any experience on what the delay actually might be, or if its worth getting on the phone to someone seeing if that can be expedited.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Fibre Install

Go to solution

Give the FTTP team a ring. 0800 587 4787

Have the serial number of the ONT to hand.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you. Called up, Fibre team ran some advanced line tests and evaluated my line to be 'Silver' not entirely sure what this means, but they have had to put in a request to OR to update my address record, then they should be able to unblock the order / submit a new one. 

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

A silver address normally means the details in the database are incorrect so an ORDI (Openreach Database Intecgrity check) needs to be raised. This normally takes 7-10 days. As the database is updated on Fridays (3.00pm IIRC)I would expect you to be able to order by next Friday. May actually be quicker if you submitted the ONT serial number.

0 Ratings