cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: New Full Fibre 900 - Intermittent DNS issues throughout the day

Yeah good point @Keith_Beddoe

Yeh indeed the Pi-Hole solution comes with a DHCP server function which you can switch on, actually the DHCP server on a Pi-Hole is a seldom used feature.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

I use the DHCP function in Pi-Hole. It allows reserved IP addresses and you can name the clients. Comprehensive listing by IP, MAC address or device name. It also makes filtering much easier.

Initially I had it running on PC using Linux, but it was more convenient to use a Raspberry Pi 3B.

Anyway its a bit off-topic, but it does indicate that you do not have to use the awful DHCP server in the home hub, and not have to enter any manual settings on individual devices.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Yeah it’s good, I run it on a Pi4B, way overkill.

I mean to say most people who go for the Pi-Hole project are just doing it for DNS and don’t enable the DHCP also.

My DHCP is on my ER-X anyway so is fully configurable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings