cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

No Broadband for 5 days - Norwich

We have been without our broadband service since Tuesday. I work from home so this has been extremely stressful.

Apparently there was an issue with the exchange and numerous people were affected. But now feel we are the only ones without a service.

I have contacted customer services ever day for an update as communication has not been forthcoming at all from BT.

I keep being told I need an engineer and then I don't. My original fault has been closed and the reopened again today which I feel is odd.

I'm starting to feel fobbed off. This morning I was told estimated fix time was midnight tonight, my fault tracker is now showing the 23rd.

Is there anyone in the UK I can contact or escalate my issue to? 

I have raised a complaint but doubt that will make a difference.

Thanks, R

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: No Broadband for 5 days - Norwich

@Rlyn21 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks I do realise that, my question is
Is there anyone in the UK I can contact or escalate my issue to?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

All BT staff are in the UK

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@licquorice 

Thanks I didn't realise that. Does that include the messaging service?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@Rlyn21 

Do you have 4G backup? BT offer Hybrid Connect, or they may give you a 4G mini hub for the duration of the fault.

If you are on full fibre, then faults can be very complex, owing to the number of nodes, and it can take Openreach quite a while to fix.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thanks

They did mention the mini hub the other day but said I would need to upgrade my package, something I can't afford to do at the moment.

I will look into the Hybrid Connect.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Rlyn21 

The Hybrid Connect would be an upgrade, which is what BT were saying. I seem to think its about £7 a month extra, but I may be wrong. 

It really depends on how often you are likely to have a fault, and how important your connection is.

Perhaps using your mobile phone hotspot, is another option, if you have enough data allowance?

0 Ratings