cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

No Free Fibre Ports in Cabinet

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone may be able help with a query i have. I recently move to a new address a few street down from my previous. There is Fibre available in the area, and my previous address served by a different cabinet had it.

My new address however I can only get a copper line, as the cabinet serving this property has no free fibre ports - or so ive been told. The openreach engineer that connect the line for us seemed bemused at this, explaining that there were around 15 free ports physically free in the cabinet.

I have used the broadband checker, results are as follows. If anyone could provide an insight or any advice for next steps that would be great!

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in JumperHighLowHighLowVDSL Range A (Clean) Scortedvan_0-1650008429262.gif

8066.62018.360Waiting listWaiting list--VDSL Range B (Impacted) Scortedvan_1-1650008429259.gif

80602016.553Waiting listWaiting list--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33050--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 17.5--15.5 to 19Available--
Up to 17.5Up to 1.515.5 to 19Available--
Up to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available--
2----Available--
2----Available--
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 17.5--15.5 to 19----
Up to 7.5--15.5 to 19----
Up to 2--6.5 to 8----
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2022-01-17
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
N
N
N
30-03-2022
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Oct 2013. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: No Free Fibre Ports in Cabinet

if your cabinet is showing 'waiting list' then there is nothing you can do apart from keep checking and as soon as you see available then phone up and place an order and hope nobody beats you to it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings