cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Without broadband, multiple failed promised fix dates and no end in sight. HELP PLEASE

My internet went down last Wednesday 6/4 and I reported it to BT. An OR engineer turned up and diagnosed that my fibre line had been cut by a dig team from a company called full fibre who I had never heard of. They marked the area on the pavement at the end of my front garden and said a dig team would be out to dig it up and then it would be fixed. I live in the corner of a cul de sac so no traffic issues and as I was without any internet the engineer said it should be done quickly. I then waited for BT’s system to update and I was given a fix date of 12th. This never happened. I was then told the 13th, then the 14th and yet again neither of these happened either. On top of all of these false promises I am now being told that it will be carried out but they do not know when and that I am expected to just wait for an undefined amount of time until it is fixed. My wife now works from home so she is losing money everyday by not being able to work and on top of that it is also end of term time so we have kids to try to keep entertained which when the weather is rubbish outside is unfortunately getting harder with no broadband. I seem to be getting no where, so any help anyone can give me would be appreciated

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Without broadband, multiple failed promised fix dates and no end in sight. HELP PLEASE

BT promise dates/times, but never keep them, so don't hold your breath.  They also lie, badly, much more so than Mr Johnson ;), but hey, welcome to 2022! 🙂

A little tip, whenever you call them, record everything!, and do it during the day, when someone can understand you. 😉

Message 3 of 3

Re: Without broadband, multiple failed promised fix dates and no end in sight. HELP PLEASE

Hi @IanP15,

Welcome to our Community.

I am so sorry to see that your line was cut. Regardless of who cut it, we need to contact our suppliers and find out what's being done to get your service back up and running. My team can look into this for you and keep you updated. I've sent you a private message with some info that I need.

Thanks
DanielS