cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

No Service Since activation/going live

Hi.

I have signed up to BT full fibre on 23rd of august with activation/going live date  of 10th September 2024. Supposedly got switched on late 10th September. I say supposedly as I have had nor do I still have the signal, Rang customer services to complain about no service and they have booked a Openreach engineer to come out on 13th sept. I took a day off and no show from Openreach engineer.  Rang BT got fobbed off saying  that Openreach working on it and that is an external problem and booked them again. And supposedly booked me a EE dongle which never arrived , about a week later  I rang again and Bt re requested EE dongle and said to ring in the morning which was 20th sept to find out what is happening. Answer to which surprise surprise open reach has a problem on the pole and waiting for a basket and that they will try to sort out on Monday 23rd. Today is 28th/09/24 and I still have no fibre service. Can someone please look in to that as that is not acceptable customer service especially that no one from BT keep me updated and I have to keep on ringing to find out what is happening. Regards Greg

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: No Service Since activation/going live

this is a customer help customer community forum and your post does not go to BT.  is there any lights showing on the openreach modem ONT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 13

What , if anything has been done , a technician unable to climb the pole where the fibre equipment is located isn’t particularly unusual and doesn’t normally cause a big delay , arranging a hoist ( presumably what is meant be basket ) is normally the same day , or the day after .

You would expect the installation to be completed inside the property, so CSP fitted externally, a cable to the ONT provided and the ONT fitted and connected to power , that means  no further internal access is required, and the hoist visit would provide the overhead optical cable from the pole to the CSP ( grey block on the house wall ) and they would authenticate the connection, an unforeseen delay , but not one that needs you to be present again , so anything like that completed in your case  ? 

Message 4 of 13

Oh ok sorry thought forum was monitored by BT. The lights are as follow.

Power light- green,

LOS- red,

PON-off/no light,

LAN-green

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

I Don't know what has been done so far as nobody at BT or Openreach is informing me of any progress. When I rang BT they informed me that there is an external fault on Pole and Openreach is working on it to resolve the issue.

I have had an ONT box and  full fibre for 2 years with another provider. The connection went dead  mid august.[there was a fallen tree on a couple of cables on the same pole as mine.] I have had problems with the previous supplier saying I haven't been their customer for last 2 years and despite making every effort to  sort this for last few months I was getting nowhere.  So technically according to them I was no longer a customer of theirs and no longer in contract. But somehow I was receiving their services and they were not interested in sorting the issue [probably not knowing what to do as every person I spoke to was surprised and said to leave it with them to sort but never did].  Once the connection was lost I decided to sign up with BT. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

so this was an ongoing problem before you signed up to BT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

No as when I lost  signal I never bothered informing previous supplier and just signed up with BT. As I was out of contract so free to sign up with new provider. Previous suppliers had over 6 months to sort my customer status but never bothered, connection was never my problem with them up until august.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

So it obviously was an ongoing problem before moving to BT.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

It never fails to amaze me how often an initial post doesn’t  give  a complete account of the issue  , and it’s only after requests for information that the complete story  with all the  pertinent information is provided which changes the entire narrative.

Message 10 of 13

To be honest with you I never thought this was an issue or relevant.   As even if There is a problem on the line. BT/Openreach should have checked the line is working correctly before saying it is live for new customer. BT customer services did line test on 11th and came up with line fault.  So there is no problem with previous ISP being awkward.

0 Ratings