cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

No Speed Upgrade Options?

Hi all,

When looking at upgrades available to me, I have no options of speed increases.

When I look as if I am a new customer however, I am able to get the faster g.fast option? I currently have the "fibre 100" g.fast.

Just seems a bit odd to me.. 

-----------------------------------------
(BT Full Fibre 900 -- 980mbps down :: 110mbps up)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: No Speed Upgrade Options?

Try phoning 08005874787 and see if they can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Thanks! Gave them a shout and there's apparently something wrong.. If my address is searched as a new customer, it has the fast speeds yet they can't see them on my account for an upgrade!

Just have to stick it out I guess.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I had the same issue. I posted awhile back about upgrading to GFast. I’m not currently in a full fibre area. But checking online on the BT checker, wholesale checker and Openreach website all said GFast was available. After about three failed orders to upgrade. Countless phone calls, I’m now currently on GFast with speeds of 148Mbps DL and 27Mbps UL. It was a complete nightmare since January this year. I’m glad I stuck to my guns in the end but like I said it wasn’t easy. 

Message 5 of 5

I'm already on GFast, currently getting around 150mbps. When checking online, I'm offered 268mbps as a new customer, so I guess I'll keep phoning and bugging them until someone is eventually able to sort it!!

I'm hoping that full fibre will eventually be laid fairly soon. City Fibre have just finished their install in the area so there's going to be a lot of people potentially jumping ship!

0 Ratings