cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

No WiFi 1 week

Good morning 

we have copper wire broadband and have had no problems at all until now. 

Last week (6 August) I was kicked off a call and the internet went down. It hasn’t been on since. 

i contacted EE/BT who we are with and at first a recorded message said there was a known outage and we’d be back on in 5hrs - that didn’t happen. 

We’ve since had an engineer visit and he couldn’t fix the problem then on Friday a guy from the technical team told me there was an MSO and it should be back on by midnight on 12 August. 

I’ve just done a reset on the router and it’s still not on. 

I’m pretty fed up now. I work from home so can’t, we have a very poor signal in our house - it’s generally E if we’re lucky. 

I just don’t know what to do or how to get the problem fixed. Can anyone help please? 

Just to add…..there isn’t anyone else in our area without a connection. If it’s an MSO then surely it would impact others too, or is they my misunderstanding? 

thanks for any help. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: No WiFi 1 week

@Dje 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

I am assuming you have a copper VDSL connection and not ADSL if you work from home.

What speed do you normally get when its working?

When you lost your phone service, did you report it as a phone fault, or a broadband fault, as phone faults usually get fixed quicker?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Morning Keith 

Many thanks for your speedy reply. 

To be honest I’m not sure. It’s a little box which is in the house and the wires come from outside. The  cable to the router goes into it (I think) 

With regard speed, again I’m not sure. It’s not the fastest but it works for us. We can’t get fibre as they wouldn’t put the cables upto our house. 

I reported it as a broadband fault. We don’t have a landline plugged in so I’ve no idea if that works. 

Thanks again and sorry I couldn’t be more helpful with my answers. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I assumed that when you said you were kicked off a call, I assumed you meant a phone call.

What BT Broadband package do you have?

Which BT home hub do you have?

Its likely you are going to have to request a visit from an Openreach Field Technician, so you would probably be best to report the fault again, if its no longer showing as a fault when you login to MyBT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

A right - sorry! My bad. I meant a teams call. 

Our package is Fibre 2 

Our router is the BT EE Smart hub  I know it’s the most upto date one as I asked on the call  

They sent an engineer on Friday evening and he couldn’t fix it  he reported it again and that was when I got a call from a technician  who said there was an MSO and he couldn’t understand why the previous fella had booked and engineer as the MSO is flagged on the screen he was looking at  

Honestly, I’m just at a loss and it’s so draining trying to sort it out  it takes forever and a day to get though to them and I just seem to constantly hit brick walls. I probably won’t be as bothered if we had 4G in the house but we don’t   

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I am not familiar with the EE hub, as EE are a separate company, so I am not sure what lights should be lit.

Can you track your fault via MyBT, assuming you have a BT ID?

If you are with EE, then they have a separate user forum.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I’ve just been onto the BT helpline.  Apparently there is a major issue at Dudley which is taking longer than expected to fix. 
I have seen a link to a ‘track your fault’ I’ve just not had chance yet to try access it but it’s on my list. 
We’re with BT/EE. The fault we have, they’ve told me is with open reach which was why I came here but I’ll have another look for an EE forum. 
Nothings ever straight forward eh 😂 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

"We’re with BT/EE."

Your broadband contract will either be with BT or it will be with EE, it can't be with both.
What is the heading on your 3 monthly bills?
If your hub has EE badges on it, then I think your contract will be with EE and not BT.
Although BT and EE are part of the same organisation, BT likes to assert that they are two completely separate companies, so you may have to raise your fault complaint with EE. If, as you say, none of your neighbours are suffering a broadband outage, then it is unlikely that the major issue at Dudley is the cause of your outage.
With both BT and EE (and indeed quite a few other broadband providers), the network is maintained by Openreach, but Openreach rarely, if ever, deals directly with broadband service users.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Thanks Chris. 

My bill is BT but they say ‘BT EE as one’ or something along those lines, but my correct is with BT. 

BT have told me that the problem is with open reach. What you say about my neighbours not being impacted crossed my mind too. I just feel like I’m being fobbed off but I have no idea what to do to get it sorted out. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Morning all 

Day 8 and still no internet at home. 

BT called me yesterday evening and the message they’d had from open reach with regard the fault was as follows…. 
“card has flapped more than agreed threshold and needs investigation. Remote diagnostics underway. Check again tomorrow” 

I have typed everything correctly - I double and triple checked it with him. The guy I spoke to had no clue what it meant. Does anyone here have any idea and if so how long you’d anticipate for a fix? 

Thank you 

0 Ratings