cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

No internet because of MSO

Go to solution

I haven’t had any internet since Monday 22nd of April. Apparently this is due to Major Service Outage (FYI I live in Walthamstow). I  was told that the issue would be fixed within a reasonable time but it’s been a week and I work from home. The service in my house is terrible so my data is practically unusable as a hotspot and I have two kids so visualise the headache. I have called BT everyday for an update but I feel like I am getting absolutely nowhere. There’s no actual date for a fix, all they can tell me is that Openreach is working on it. I need more than that! I am on the verge of seeking a new internet provider because I have neighbours that appear to have internet. I need more answers because at this stage, I am in limbo about what to do. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: No internet because of MSO

Go to solution

@Shan12345 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Its only been four days, not a week.

What sort of broadband connection do you have, is it full fibre, or just fibre to the cabinet, and copper wire into your house?

As its an Openreach issue, unless you can find another provider that does not use Openreach, then you will be no better off.

If you have 4G coverage, then you can ask BT to send you a 4G mini hub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for clarifying the difference between 4 days and a week. Now, if you are not going to be of any actual assistance or provide helpful feedback, please do not waste your morning commenting.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I am afraid if you take that attitude on a customer help forum, then you are unlikely to be offered any further assistance, or an option to escalate the fault.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Shan12345.

What a terrible attitude to take. People on here are so willing to help if they can or, if not will get a moderator to contact you who can actually solve your problems. Clearly you are already alienating yourself.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Best pop along to Whipps Cross to get that bullet wound in your foot looked at. Maybe see if they can give you something for the attitude while you're there...